Part 1 in our series of Creating Unique Vacation Memories in Asheville, NC
Asheville is known for its beautiful mountains and scenic views but don’t forget that nestled among these winding wonders are also lakes and rivers to refresh and replenish. They make for unique ways to experience our mountain lifestyle.
To assist you in planning for your outdoor adventure in Asheville, Inspired Getaway has compiled a giant list of outdoor and scenic experiences you’ll never forget. From the peaks of the Blue Ridge Mountains to the splashes of the cold rivers, here is a list of amazing ways to truly and uniquely experience Asheville for thrill-seekers and chill seekers.
Discover Our Treetops
Everyone enjoys the mountain views but how about getting really up close and personal?
Go swinging through the trees and bring joy to your inner spirit with one of the area’s top Ziplining companies! Here’s what’s available for booking:
- Navitat Canopy Adventures
- The Gorge – A Zipline Canopy Adventure
- Asheville Treetop adventures
- French Broad Adventures
Ready to experience something new on the river? Book a fly fishing tour with the most experienced, professional Fly Fishing Company in the area, Asheville Fly Fishing Co. These highly trained, very passionate fly fishing tour guides will take you out to the most exclusive, untouched areas of the blue ridge waterways.
Upgrade your river experience with Asheville Fly Fishing Co. by asking them about their wine and cheese river float! Perfect for that romantic date night, anniversary, celebrating birthdays and more…
SUP – (aka) Stand Up Paddleboarding! Whether its on the French Broad River, Lake Fontana, Lake James, Lake Lure, or one of the other local rivers, SUP is something the whole family can enjoy. Here are some SUP companies to help get you started:
- Wai Mauna, Direct from Hawaii, Guided SUP Asheville River Trips
- Asheville Outdoor Center, Self-guided paddleboarding on the French Broad River
- Asheville Wellness Tours, SUP Yoga Tours
- Bryson City Outdoors – Fontana Lake & Tuckasegee River, located in Bryson City
Want a more laid back approach to getting on the river? Tubing is the way to go. Here are some companies that will escort you to the shore and give you a landing spot making this river experience easy and relaxing!
Whitewater Rafting – Whitewater Rafting is a great way to experience the river in a boat with your favorite group of people. Here’s where to find it:
- Lazy Otter Outfitters
- French Broad Outfitters
- Nantahala Outdoor Center
- Wildwater Ltd. Whitewater Rafting
- Blue Heron Whitewater, Hot Springs
- NOC French Broad River Rafting
- French Broad Adventures
- Tuckasegee River Rafting & Tubing
Lake Lure Beach or Marina – Lake Lure is one of the most romantic, breathtaking areas in all of Western North Carolina. Everything from lake activities to Chimney Rock views and dining at one of the local wineries or restaurants, Lake Lure is a top destination for NC vacationers. Here’s what’s open!
- Walk the Flowering Bridge
- The Beach on Lake Lure is open Saturdays & Sundays until June 13th, after that, check with the Rutherfordton County visitor website for open details and updates.
- Marina, Pontoons boats, wakeboarding, kayaking and much more! – Lake Lure Adventure Company is the best place to start.
What are you waiting for? Start Planning!
Now that you have a plethora of local activities to consider, this is the time to start planning your mountain vacation at Inspired Getaway! Here are some other great resources for when searching for things to do in Asheville:
Leave a Reply